We will be operating tomorrow to transport students to their respective schools as per normal. There will however still be some exclusion’s and some services will have to travel alternative routes.
Services Not Operating:
• All Edgecumbe School Buses (#2007 Tahuna Road, #2008 Otakiri/Te Teko, #2010 Pikowai, #2012 Thornton School) all of these service Edgecumbe College, Edgecumbe Primary and Thornton School.
• Tawera/Owhakatoro (#2024 Ruatoki -Trident and Whakatane High Secondary Schools and #2672 Tawera – Taneatua School) Due to Ohutu Bridge – Light Vehicles Only
Services With Access Issues
• #2017 Stanley Road (Bus access from Wainui Road/McCoy Road end)
• #2465 Waimana (Trident & Whakatane High)
• #2467 Matahi (Trident & Whakatane High)
These two services will have to travel back and forth via Wainui Road and Nuhuhou North then head out to Taneatua to collect students and return students.
• #2009 Rewatu (Pahou Pa Road and Grace Road – Closed)
• #FP015 (Kawerau/Otakiri/Edgecumbe – Farepay Service (Will not be able to travel via Edgecume and will divert back through Te Teko from Otakiri School)
• #FP013 (Matata/Edgecumbe/Awakeri – Farepay Service (Will not be able to travel via Edgecumbe – This service will turn around at Caverhill Road and return back to Whakatane via Matata and Thornton Road.
We expect all other services to run as per schedule however please be aware that due to the extent of the road issues throughout the Eastern Bay we may experience other unforeseeable obstacle’s, we will however do our best to negate these within the law if possible.