Uzabus cares about our environment, we live in one of the most beautiful countries in the world and want to keep it that way!
We support the principles of Kaitiakitanga which focuses on guardianship and protection of the environment and its resources.
Buses are known for being the lowest carbon emissions form of travel when compared to trains, planes and cars. Our fleet of vehicles includes some of the newest emissions standards available today including the latest Euro 6, Micro-hybrid technology.
Reducing our carbon footprint doesn’t stop at our vehicles, it flows through our organisation. From managing the recycling of our waste and fluids, using low energy solutions, adopting paperless systems reducing consumables in our offices to rainwater storage tanks for the cleaning of our buses.
We are constantly refining the way we do business to be better, do better and reduce our carbon footprint along the way
You can help too!
We can all play our part to minimise our environmental impact, here are some things you can do while travelling with us or at home;
- Enjoy local produce, without the plastic wrapping!
- Bring your own water bottle and reuse it. New Zealand tapwater is universally safe to drink.
- Finished with your travel brochures? Give them to a friend or recycle them.
- Use water sparingly, take a short shower instead of a bath and dry and re-use your towel.
- Recycle as much as possible.
- Put your rubbish in the bin and keep NZ clean!
- Switch air conditioning and lights off when you leave your room or don’t need them.